We write about products and services that we use. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
First, check this out.
It’s kinda deep… kinda eeewe… kinda sad… kinda interesting…
The article, summarized:
- Dawson McAllister Live is a Christian-based radio call-in show out of Spring Hill, Tennessee.
- The show’s host, Dawson McAllister, is an ordained Southern Baptist minister who has worked with teenagers for 37 years.
- On the air, he offers advice and “someone to talk to” to 250,000 young people under the age of 25 every week. Another 250,000 adults also tune in.
- While his call-in show is among the most popular Christian radio shows in the country — and is broadcast from downtown Spring Hill — it doesn’t air in the Nashville market.
Other Facts According To Dawson McAllister:
- Only 7% of teenagers (including Christian teens) believe in moral absolutes.
- Of the 12% of teens who attend church, 93% will leave the church within 18 months of their high school graduation.
- Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death among 15 to 24-year-olds.
- Teens drink 1/4th of all the alcohol consumed in the U.S. each year.Source: The Tennessean
Me And Talk Radio
I like talk radio. In fact that was one of the few drawbacks of moving to Nashville for me… there wasn’t any good, INTELLIGENT talk radio! For real.
Oh sure, there’s plenty of “political” and “sports” talk radio programming around here, but that’s not what I’m after. I’m into trivial facts, current events, and things like that.
You know… light, upbeat and FUN stuff, as opposed to heated and heavy discussions. (Why add more negativity into your life???)
I like to be educated and informed in a casual kind of way — at my own pace — rather than having it drilled into my head via talk radio hosts (and their callers) who are on a one-way mission to prove a point. I find that there are very few “open-minded” people participating in that form of talk radio.
My all-time favorite talk radio station is 104.1 WTKS in Orlando. Now, if all major markets could come up with talk radio programming like that… they’d be onto something!
Check it out… You can listen “live” online!
We moved from Florida to Tennessee in 2001. All signs point to the fact that we will probably retire here — by choice. We L O V E Nashville! Our favorite places to live are just south of the City — we’ve had houses in Brentwood, Franklin, and Spring Hill. And we have properties in Leipers Fork, Cookeville, and Lewisburg. This site is where I share my best tips for moving your family to Nashville and/or visiting Nashville for the first time — with the ultimate goal of helping you find fun things to do in Williamson County and Davidson County. When I’m not out & about enjoying the Nashville area, you’ll find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites). To date, I’ve written over 500 articles on this site! Many of them have upwards of 100K shares.