In writing about our personal experiences, we sometimes mention products or services that we use or recommend. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
I can’t tell you how many times we’ve passed through downtown Franklin only to find some big event going on that we didn’t even have a clue about.
Still, I’m surprised that there isn’t more advertising and signage in the weeks leading up to events around here — especially the bigger ones. We’ve lived here (just a hop, skip & a jump away from historic downtown Franklin) for 6 years now, and I don’t think we’ve ever received a flier in the mail or a postcard reminder about events taking place in Franklin.
I realize it’s a small town, and word of mouth is probably what this town is used to in terms of getting the word out about major events. But in every other community we’ve lived in, we got postcards & fliers in the mail to remind us of major events. You know… the kind that of notices that you can then stick on the fridge, so you don’t forget!
What we’ve learned is…
If you really want to stay on top of the local events (and find out about them before they take place), then you pretty much have to seek out the information yourself, rather than wait for it to arrive on your doorstep.
- Events at The Factory — everything from trade shows to cultural events held at The Factory in Franklin.
- Downtown Franklin — ideal times to plan your visit to downtown Franklin TN.
- Williamson Herald — an events calendar for county-wide happenings.
- Franklin Meetups — find people who enjoy doing the types of activities that you enjoy right in Franklin, TN.
- Williamson County Chamber of Commerce Calendar of Events — some of the smaller, community events hosted by the Franklin Chamber.
- The Heritage Foundation of Franklin & Williamson County Events — most of the major annual events that take place in downtown historic Franklin are listed here.
- Haunted Franklin Ghost Tours — check here for year-round dates & times for ghostly tours of downtown Franklin.
- City of Franklin Calendar of Events — annual events and festivals in Franklin, TN.
- Franklin City Government Meetings — city planning meetings that are open to the public.
- Williamson County Parks & Recreation Events — programs and activities are listed on the homepage.
- Save The Franklin Battlefield — this is the place to check for Civil War & local history events.
- Williamson County Public Library Events — timely classes, seminars, and workshops held each year on a variety of topics.
- Franklin on Foot — fun walking tours of downtown Franklin, TN, including ghost tours and children’s programs.
- Williamson County Ag Expo Park — you’ll find a variety of activities including trade shows, agricultural events, and everything between. With over 45 major events per year, it has become a popular destination for local, regional, and national events.
- Carnton Plantation Calendar of Events — fun things to do at Carnton Plantation, the Carter House, and other locations including top-notch specialty events, kids’ camps, and a summer concert series each year.
- Williamson County Convention & Visitors Bureau — the official destination marketing organization for Williamson County Tennessee, including all of its incorporated cities Brentwood, Fairview, Franklin, Nolensville, Thompson’s Station, and Spring Hill.
Check out these “small but quaint” places to hear live music in Franklin. (Each has a calendar of events.)
Nashville Area Events
- Fun Calendar of Events for Nashville, TN — Everything from CMA Music Fest to DukesFest, and other annual festivals, events, and conventions.
- Nashville Convention & Visitors Bureau Events Calendar — check out the “upcoming events”, “featured events”, and “annual events & festivals”. Or sign up to receive event notices via email.
- Franklin, Brentwood & Nashville Events Calendar — an “unofficial” list of events that is created by the public. Yep, you can add your own events here for everyone to see.
- Country Music Hall of Fame Programs & Events — see who will be making special appearances this week, which exhibits are coming & going, and other big events that take place.
- Nashville Calendar of Events — you’ll find ongoing and multiple-day events, as well as a daily event calendar for each month. Plus, you can buy tickets here.
- Fun Tennessee Events — if you’re wanting to take a day-trip, consider these fun events in all of the surrounding areas — Nashville and beyond.
- Live Music Tonight — an up to the minute calendar of events for music venues.
- Tennessean Event Search — enter a date, or a venue, or a keyword to find events in these categories: Movies, Music, General Arts & Culture, and Sports & Recreation.
- Nashville Scene Calendar of Events — you can find everything under the sun that’s taking place in Nashville, Tennessee will be included here. From the mundane, everyday events to special weekend festivals, music, movies, art, and events for kids.
- Fun Happenings — Nashville’s most fun social calendar.
- Nashville Annual Events Guide — the quickest place to find all of the festivals & events that take place each year in Nashville.
- Tennessee State Parks Calendar of Events — there are plenty of state parks in the Middle Tennessee area and fun events almost every weekend!
- Nashville Downtown Calendar — see who’s playing where.
We moved from Florida to Tennessee in 2001. All signs point to the fact that we will probably retire here — by choice. We L O V E Nashville! Our favorite places to live are just south of the City — we've had houses in Brentwood, Franklin, and Spring Hill. And we have properties in Leipers Fork, Cookeville, and Lewisburg. This site is where I share my best tips for moving your family to Nashville and/or visiting Nashville for the first time — with the ultimate goal of helping you find fun things to do in Williamson County and Davidson County. When I'm not out & about enjoying the Nashville area, you'll find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).