Following is a collection of Craig Wiseman photographs we’ve taken at places like Puckett’s Grocery (in Leiper’s Fork), the Bluebird Cafe, and a few other locations in and around Nashville.
First, some Craig Wiseman facts:
- With nearly 200 of his songs recorded by County Music artists to date, Craig Wiseman is one of the hottest songwriters around. Craig has penned hits for Tim McGraw, Brooks & Dunn, Montgomery Gentry, Trace Adkins, Phil Vassar, Lonestar, Kenny Chesney, Brooks & Dunn, Travis Tritt, Toby Keith, Faith Hill, Aaron Tippin, Lari White, Diamond Rio, Tracy Lawrence, Van Zant, Patty Lovelace, John Michael Montgomery, Joe Diffee, LeAnn Rimes, Billy Ray Cyrus, and many many others.
- More than 60 of Craig Wiseman‘s songs have hit the music charts, with a dozen (and counting!) making it into the No. 1 position.
- His own independent publishing company is called Big Loud Shirt where the company’s first cut (a smashing hit!) was Tim McGraw’s “Live Like You Were Dying”.
- Craig’s songwriting career began at the age of 24 when he was working for Roy Orbison. A song he penned, called “The Only One” appeared on Orbison’s “Mystery Girl” album and became a hit.
At NSAI’s song camp a few years back, Wiseman told us how he started as a songwriter. He had a local band and one member was Roy Orbison’s son. While messing on guitars, they co-wrote a song… Craig didn’t think much more about it. A few weeks later, Roy’s son told him that Roy was cutting the song on his “Mystery Girl” album. That album sold a million copies with the radio hit “You Got It” but that was not the song written by Craig and Roy’s son. Their song: Only One (Orbison/Wiseman). That was Craig’s big break into the world of songwriting. Source
- Official website for Craig Wiseman: There is none. (Judging from our hits on a daily basis, our site might be serving as Craig Wiseman’s official homepage!) Of course, there is a MySpace page for his company: Big Loud Shirt.
- The best interview on record with Craig Wiseman.
Now, some of our Craig Wiseman photos…
Craig’s A Happy-Go-Lucky Kinda Guy
Craig Wiseman at the Bluebird Cafe in Nashville, Tennessee.
Eyes Wide Closed
Craig Wiseman was performing at the Bluebird in Nashville 4/13/05 with Jeffrey Steele, Tony Mullins and Bob DiPiero. For a sampling of ALL the songs that he has written, along with a ton of other Craig Wiseman tidbits, check this out.
Up Close And Personal With Craig Wiseman
We were sitting in the front row (not that there IS a bad seat at the Bluebird Cafe!), so we were able to get some awesome up-close-and-personal shots of songwriter Craig Wiseman.
Here’s Lookin At You, Craig!
Craig’s looking down, but his future is really looking UP these days! He won so many awards this year for his song, “Live Like You Were Dyin”. Craig Wiseman was voted “Songwriter of the Year”!
It’s hard to capture an actual “expression” on the face of Craig Wiseman. Here’s his best “happy face”…
A Taste Of Humble Pie
Craig Wiseman’s expression as fellow songwriters, Bob DiPiero, Tony Mullins, and Jeffrey Steele congratulate him on all his awards for songwriting this year.
Mid-way through the show, everyone starting drinking more. Craig requested a shot of Jagermeister and toasted to his friends and fellow songwriters, Jeffrey Steele, Tony Mullins, and Bob DiPiero.
He Sings From The Soul
An introspective moment for songwriter Craig Wiseman.
Sing It, Craig!
Singing songs in the round at the Bluebird Cafe: Craig Wiseman.
Calling All Craig Wiseman Fans!
If you’re a REAL fan of award-winning songwriter, Craig Wiseman, then you’ll enjoy this boatload of close up photos of him singing and playing the guitar at the Bluebird Cafe in Nashville, Tennessee.
Sing It Loud!
Craig Wiseman sings it loud and proud at the Bluebird Cafe in Nashville.
Craig Wiseman, Surprised?
Craig Wiseman takes his fame and fortune as a songwriter in stride…
More of our Craig Wiseman photos.