We write about products and services that we use. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
Turns out there’s a guy named Lee (of Oh No, The Blog!) who posts an entry in his blog each Friday entitled, “What I Learned This Week“.
While, it’s not really a meme, per se, I’m playing along, cuz this one’s right right up my alley!
Coincidentally, the theme of “What I Learned” has been in my personal repertoire for years now. First, in the form of a journal in which I used to jot down interesting tidbits — random who’d-a-thunk-it kinds of things that I had learned on any given day. It included everything from “how to tell if a cantelope is ripe” to “how Ronald Reagan’s love letters to Nancy reminded me to write some love notes to my husband”.
When we started this blog a few months ago, I even started incorporating the phrase “What I Learned Today…” at the bottom of some of my entries.
So, in the spirit of encouraging everyone to give some thought to all the meaningful things you can learn on any given day, I, too will be posting my list here each and every Friday. (Thanks for the push, Lee!)
Here is my first entry…
What I Learned This Week…
- An aging dog (with incontinence issues) does just fine locked in the bathroom while you are gone for the day.
- It’s waaaayyy cold (30 degrees), then it’s waaaayy hot (65 degrees) …all in the same week this time of year in Tennessee.
- I’ve experienced far too many things that ride a fine line between “things that are funny” and “things that you should just keep to yourself” this week.
- Etiquette: when you’re finished with your meal and you’ve gotten up from the table (to get a beverage, dessert, etc.), if you leave your napkin on the back of your chair, it indicates to the waiter that you are coming back. (Thanks, Jim.)
- I like rap (see: Music Oddities)
- Yoga is the world’s best stress reliever (if you take the time to do it).
- Spring MUST be just around the corner, Jim’s already signed up to coach the men’s softball team.
- You can appear to others like you’ve lost weight (even when you haven’t).
- TV isn’t all that it’s hyped up to be. (**Confessions of a person who’s 2 weeks TV-free**)
- I really don’t crave fast food anymore. Processed, stick-it-in-the-microwave-and-eat-it food… now THAT’s another story!
- Our two dogs will always choose to hang out in whatever room of the house that I’m in — as opposed to whatever room of the house Jim is in.
- http://dmarie.com/layouts/eBay rocks! (see: I Finally Found The Corning Plates I Was Looking For)
- We have no desire to play NTN Trivia on Wednesday nights anymore… the “Sci-fi hour” and “Fun with highways” were not an enjoyable way to spend an evening. We’re sticking to Friday and Saturday nights from now on!
- Seagram’s with diet 7-UP is mmm mmmm good.
- A little Pine-Sol used to clean an upstairs bathroom can give the illusion that the entire house is “clean”.
- Entrepreneurship is fun… yet challenging.
- I had a dream about a long-lost friend. The next day, a co-worker read my horoscope to me: “An old flame will be looking you up.” Hmmm…
So, what did you learn this week?
We moved from Florida to Tennessee in 2001. All signs point to the fact that we will probably retire here — by choice. We L O V E Nashville! Our favorite places to live are just south of the City — we’ve had houses in Brentwood, Franklin, and Spring Hill. And we have properties in Leipers Fork, Cookeville, and Lewisburg. This site is where I share my best tips for moving your family to Nashville and/or visiting Nashville for the first time — with the ultimate goal of helping you find fun things to do in Williamson County and Davidson County. When I’m not out & about enjoying the Nashville area, you’ll find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites). To date, I’ve written over 500 articles on this site! Many of them have upwards of 100K shares.