I am looking for a park suggestion. I am looking for a park facility in Franklin to have a family gathering on June 4th, 2010 from around 5pm until 10pm. This event will be for about 50-100 people. We want the luxury of enjoying the outdoors but need the security of a covered area in case of inclement weather. We want to be able to decorate with some white lights and linens and we will need picnic tables. We need some help. (The event is my son and his bride to be’s rehearsal dinner… but more like a family reunion.) Any suggestions? Thanks so much. — Lesa
The City of Franklin has taken great care to have beautiful parks in place throughout the city limits.
Though any of Franklin’s parks would create a perfect backdrop for your rehearsal dinner, I do have a few suggestions and tips for you…
For location, (just outside of the downtown area) Pinkerton Park is a great choice.
- The facility can hold your guests and features 2 covered picnic areas.
- It is also has a well-lit parking lot and a nearby rest area.
- It has one major drawback: everyone loves it! It is always busy, even in the evenings.
If you’re looking for a slightly more private area, Fieldstone Park is a good choice.
- It also has 2 covered picnic areas and a large parking lot.
- I prefer to picnic there with my family because it isn’t usually as crowded as Pinkerton.
- Its drawback is several baseball fields that may be in use during your event. (The ball fields are across the parking lot from the covered picnic area, but share the same rest area.)
Whichever Franklin park facility you choose, be sure to go to the City of Franklin’s website for permits and rental fees. Contact the Parks office (615-794-2103) first to see if your date is open for rental.
Photos of the pavilions at Pinkerton Park and Fieldstone Park, respectively…
I’m a stay-at-home mother of 3. Our family of 5 lives in Franklin, Tennessee. I love it here!