After researching several different cabins online, we opted to rent through Cosby Creek Cabins in Cosby, Tennessee.
They offered the best view, the most amenities, and the lowest price — and they were just a hop, skip & a jump from Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.
Our primary goal was to rent a Jeep Wrangler for the weekend, come and go as we liked, explore the long & winding back roads in and around Gatlinburg, and always have a refreshing jacuzzi and a room-with-a-view to return to.
We stayed at the Sparrow’s Nest Cabin in Cosby, TN. It’s our favorite at Cosby Creek Cabins.
Here are the details of our Gatlinburg cabin rental experience…
What It’s Like To Rent A Cabin
We were thrilled with our entire experience with Cosby Creek Cabins — from the phone registration process to the check-out procedure.
It’s obvious that Alan and Tedra Strickland go above and beyond to make sure your stay is an enjoyable one.
In fact, Alan was extremely helpful over the phone, and we didn’t even need to go through the “official check-in” procedure at their office in Cosby.
Instead, he just mailed us all of the paperwork days ahead of time (including the pass-code for the cabin door, in lieu of a “key”), and we were free to arrive at our convenience.
What’s The Cabin Like?
Pictures online just don’t do it justice.
You need to take in the whole “experience” — the view, the “quiet”, the clean fresh air, the “simplified” lifestyle out in the country.
At the Sparrow’s Nest on this weekend, we were certain that we’d found paradise!
- full-size refrigerator & freezer
- brand-new hardwood floors throughout
- satellite TV
- wood-burning fireplace
- all linens & dishes, etc. provided
- dishwasher, microwave, stove, etc.
- charcoal grill outdoors
- covered porch with rocking chairs & swing
- outdoor hot tub
- a view to die for
- wildlife, including black bears and deer
- extremely clean and well-maintained cabin
- heat & air conditioning
- 1 bedroom & 1 hide-a-bed to sleep 4
- secluded privacy
…all for $110/night.
Notes About This Cabin
- No pets allowed.
- $15/night “cleaning fee” — well worth it.
- There’s a tiny store a couple miles from the cabin.
- Approximately 15 miles to Gatlinburg.
We highly recommend renting a cabin through Cosby Creek Cabins, specifically the Sparrow’s Nest.
In fact, we’ve tried to rent through them two other times, but they’ve been sold out — so just remember to call for reservations EARLY!
In fact, here’s what I wrote in the Guest Book the day we checked out:
Other Cabins We Considered
- Cuddler’s View Cabin through Gatlinburg Cabins (the view; 5 miles to Gatlinburg)
- Southern Nights Cabin through Volunteeer Cabin Rentals (tiny; honeymoon suites)
- Brent-A Duplex Cabin through Nestle Inn (cheap; on a creek)
- Mountain Falls Cabins through Bluff Mountain Realty (special pricing on ATV rentals)
- Pet-Friendly Cabins through Diamond Mountain Rentals (hot tub on covered deck, pool access)
- Pet-Friendly Cabins through Lakefront Cabin Rentals (on the lake; fishing)
- Brothers Cove Cabin Rentals here’s a review of our stay (treehouse looking cabin rentals, hot tub & pool access)
I like to help people find unique ways to do things in order to save time & money — so I write about “outside the box” ideas that most wouldn’t think of. As a lifelong dog owner, I often share my best tips for living with and training dogs. I worked in Higher Ed over 10 years before switching gears to pursue activities that I’m truly passionate about. I’ve worked at a vet, in a photo lab, and at a zoo — to name a few. I enjoy the outdoors via bicycle, motorcycle, Jeep, or RV. You can always find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).