This page may contain affiliate links. In addition to sharing our personal experiences, we often write about products and services that we use ourselves or that we believe would be a helpful resource for you. To support our work, and remain a free website, we receive a commission from some of the links we share.
A handful of realtors in our area are going above and beyond to keep local residents informed about home sales in Franklin, Tennessee. I, for one, am thankful for their efforts.
Each month they enlighten us with some new and interesting facts about home buying and selling in general, as well as some up-to-date sales figures for our area.
Two of my favorites are Diane Mason and Gennifer Mallard.
Home Sales In One Franklin Neighborhood
According to Diane, as of June 30th:
- Number of active listings: 27
- Average list price: $110.55 per square foot
- Average time on the market: 37 days
- Number of June closings: 11
- Average selling price: $108.25 per square footThis goes hand-in-hand with a recent article I wrote about 37064: The HOTTEST Zip Code in Middle Tennessee — in terms of home sales!
Homes Are More Spacious, Yet Kids Are Still Sharing Bedrooms
According to Gennifer, people are spending more money on bigger homes with more bedrooms, yet the size of families is decreasing and kids are still sharing bedrooms:
- 33% of buyers snapping up $3 million-plus homes put their children in the same bedroom.
- Parents often keep shared-room arrangements after they trade up to bigger houses.
- With 37% of new homes having 4 or more bedrooms and married couples having an average of just 1.92 children, most families have plenty of space for separate bedrooms, however many parents prefer to have their children bunk together so extra bedrooms can be transformed into home offices and media rooms, among other things.
For the record, I have never met these two realtors, nor have we ever bought or sold a home through them. I simply applaud their efforts, and feel compelled to give props to those who go above and beyond in their respective fields of expertise.
Gennifer and Diane are “outside-the-box” thinkers… and doers. And I happen to appreciate (and enjoy!) what they are doing in the Franklin area.
A Personal Touch…
For the 4th of July, Gennifer even placed a little American Flag in the front yard of every home in our subdivision! Many (like ours) are still there…
We moved from Florida to Tennessee in 2001. All signs point to the fact that we will probably retire here — by choice. We L O V E Nashville! Our favorite places to live are just south of the City — we've had houses in Brentwood, Franklin, and Spring Hill. And we have properties in Leipers Fork, Cookeville, and Lewisburg. This site is where I share my best tips for moving your family to Nashville and/or visiting Nashville for the first time — with the ultimate goal of helping you find fun things to do in Williamson County and Davidson County. When I'm not out & about enjoying the Nashville area, you'll find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).