This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy thru these links, we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Today I came across an old video that Jim and I did — and it made me laugh. We just looked so stupid.
Actually it was the very first video we ever created (with our new video camera), and it was simply a trial & error thing, but for some reason, we felt compelled to post it.
Trust me when you watch this (well, I don’t know… maybe only our close friends will “get it”), but I think it just goes to show how valuable unedited, first attempts and first impressions are — no matter WHAT the topic!
The fact of the matter is… when you’ve been writing (or blogging) almost daily for over 2 years like we have, there’s a good deal of stuff that you even forget you’ve written!
Such is the case with this collection of our “firsts”. (The ones we’ve chosen to share with everyone on the Internet, that is.)
After watching this video, I was reminded of how truly priceless it is watching someone experience something for the first time.
So I invite you to sit back & relax and enjoy a few laughs (or at least a chuckle)… at our expense!
More of “Our Firsts”…
- The first time we celebrated Blue Moons… and why.
- Our first time eating steamed oysters.
- Lynnette’s first time offroading — and I use that term lightly.
- Our first jobs.
- Jim’s first time kayaking. (Lynnette’s first time kayaking was a few months earlier.)
- Our first time biking together (…and almost our last time!)
- Lynnette’s first time parasailing — in Key West, Florida.
- Our first Jeep Wrangler.
- The first house we built together (…here how we decorated it).
- Our first (and last) time decorating our house for Christmas. Nope, haven’t done it since. (UPDATE: I decorated with small rustic trees one year that we had visitors for the holidays.)
- Lynnette’s first time whitewater rafting. (Jim’s first time whitewater rafting was a few years earlier.)
- Our first time renting a cabin on vacation together.
- Lynnette’s first (and last) time dancing… in public.
- Our first time 4-wheeling on the red rock of in Sedona, Arizona.
- Lynnette’s first cruise (…and the time I won the Grand Prize in at a shopping mall: an all-expense paid trip for 2 to New York City!) Jim’s first trip to New York City .
- Our first time appearing in the newspaper.
- Lynnette’s first athletic accomplishment… biking 300 miles in 3 days from Orlando to Miami (…and again the next year as well).
Stay tuned, more fun first to come!…
We moved from Florida to Tennessee in 2001. All signs point to the fact that we will probably retire here — by choice. We L O V E Nashville! Our favorite places to live are just south of the City — we’ve had houses in Brentwood, Franklin, and Spring Hill. And we have properties in Leipers Fork, Cookeville, and Lewisburg. This site is where I share my best tips for moving your family to Nashville and/or visiting Nashville for the first time — with the ultimate goal of helping you find fun things to do in Williamson County and Davidson County. When I’m not out & about enjoying the Nashville area, you’ll find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites). To date, I’ve written over 500 articles on this site! Many of them have upwards of 100K shares.