It’s kind of our own fault, because we don’t subscribe to the local newspaper. And that “free paper” that arrives… on occasion… well, we don’t usually get around to reading it until a week or so later. By then, any events advertised have already taken place.
But I’m still surprised that there isn’t more advertising and signage in the weeks leading up to events around here — especially the bigger ones. We’ve lived here (just a hop, skip & a jump away from historic downtown Franklin) for 6 years now, and I don’t think we’ve ever received a flier in the mail or a postcard reminder about events taking place in Franklin.
I realize it’s a small town, and word of mouth is probably what this town is used to in terms of getting the word out about major events. But in every other community we’ve lived in, we got postcards & fliers in the mail to remind us of major events. You know… the kind that of notices that you can then stick on the fridge, so you don’t forget!
What we’ve learned is…
If you really want to stay on top of the local events (and find out about them before they take place), then you pretty much have to seek out the information yourself, rather than wait for it to arrive on your doorstep.
Best Places To Find Upcoming Events In Franklin, TN:
- Events at The Factory — everything from trade shows to cultural events held at The Factory in Franklin.
- Franklin Meetups — find people who enjoy doing the types of activities that you enjoy right in Franklin, TN.
- Williamson County Chamber of Commerce Calendar of Events — some of the smaller, community events hosted by the Franklin Chamber. (Actual calendar here.)
- The Heritage Foundation of Franklin & Williamson County Events — most of the major annual events that take place in downtown historic Franklin are listed here.
- Haunted Franklin Ghost Tours — check here for year-round dates & times for ghostly tours of downtown Franklin.
- City of Franklin Calendar of Events — annual events and festivals in Franklin, TN.
- Franklin City Government Meetings – city planning meetings that are open to the public
- Williamson County Parks & Recreation Events — programs and activities are listed on the homepage.
- Save The Franklin Battlefield — this is the place to check for Civil War & local history events.
- Battle of Franklin Calendar of Events – fun things to do at Carnton Plantation, the Carter House, and other locations.
- Williamson County Public Library Events — timely classes, seminars, and workshops held each year on a variety of topics.
- Franklin on Foot — fun walking tours of downtown Franklin, TN, including ghost tours and children’s programs.
- Williamson County Ag Expo Park — you’ll find a variety of activities including trade shows, agricultural events, and everything between. With over 45 major events per year, it has become a popular destination for local, regional, and national events.
- Ghost Tours at Carnton — The Historic Carnton Plantation has been called ‘the most haunted building in Tennessee,’ and visitors can decide for themselves if it’s true on guided evening tours of the house.
- Carnton Plantation Calendar of Events — top-notch specialty events, kids’ camps, and a summer concert series each year.
- Williamson County Convention & Visitors Bureau – the official destination marketing organization for Williamson County Tennessee, including all of its incorporated cities Brentwood, Fairview, Franklin, Nolensville, Thompson’s Station, and Spring Hill.
Check out these “small but quaint” places to hear live music in Franklin. (Each has a calendar of events.)
Nashville Area Events
- Fun Calendar of Events for Nashville, TN — Everything from CMA Music Fest to DukesFest, and other annual festivals, events, and conventions.
- Nashville Convention & Visitors Bureau Events Calendar — check out the “featured events”, “annual events & festivals”, and “upcoming music events”. Or sign up to receive event notices via email.
- Franklin, Brentwood & Nashville Events Calendar — an “unofficial” list of events that is created by the public. Yep, you can add your own events here for everyone to see.
- Country Music Hall of Fame Programs & Events — see who will be making special appearances this week, which exhibits are coming & going, and other big events that take place.
- Nashville Calendar of Events – you’ll find ongoing and multiple-day events, as well as a daily event calendar for each month. Plus, you can buy tickets here.
- Fun Tennessee Events — if you’re wanting to take a day-trip, consider these fun events in all of the surrounding areas — Nashville and beyond.
- The Tennessean’s Fun Event Search — enter a date, or a venue, or a keyword to find events in these categories: Movies, Music, General Arts & Culture, and Sports & Recreation.
- Nashville Scene Calendar of Events — you can find everything under the sun that’s taking place in Nashville, Tennessee will be included here. From the mundane, everyday events to special weekend festivals, music, movies, art, and events for kids.
- Fun Happenings — Nashville’s most fun social calendar.
- Nashville Annual Events Guide — the quickest place to find all of the festivals & events that take place each year in Nashville.
- Tennessee State Parks Calendar of Events — there are plenty of state parks in the Middle Tennessee area and fun events almost every weekend!